Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wassail

I love this drink, it is so soothing and Christmasy! I would drink this everyday, I think, if I lived in Alaska or someplace that stayed cold. But, here in the deep south, I'll stick with making a batch in December, and maybe another in January if necessary!

1/2 gallon Apple Cider (unfiltered)
2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
2 cans apricot nectar
1 can frozen orange juice concentrate
4-5 cinnamon sticks
15 whole cloves

Mix all ingrediants in large pot on stove, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve. I like to transfer it to a crockpot set on low after it has simmered to keep it warm if we serve it during a party. (I have actually made it in the crockpot once, and it worked well, too)

No comments: