Sunday, November 2, 2008

My favorite Chili

1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 lb sausage (I use mild, because I can't have it too spicy)
1 yellow onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2-3 jalapeno's diced small (I use 1 whole with the seeds, and 2 more with the seeds removed before dicing)
1 12-oz can tomato paste
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp cumin
2 cans beer (Yes, the secret ingrediant ~ I have made it with water instead, but it's not as good)
1 can black beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
Brown sausage and ground beef, and then drain grease. Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapenos, and saute until softened. Add in spices, stirring to combine, and tomato paste, then slowly pour in beer, stirring to incorporate. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Add in drained beans, stirring to combine. Recover, and continue to simmer another 30 minutes. Serve topped with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and sliced scallions.

No comments: